The Honors Halls offer an environment that allows students to integrate their academic and social life, and in doing so challenges and supports them as they grow as scholars, citizens, and human beings.
The Honors Residence Hall at North Spencer is an extraordinary, recently renovated space for Honors students who wish to live on campus. Nearly 200 Honors students are housed here in large rooms that each have a sink and are air-conditioned. The Hall has a classroom equipped with global teleconferencing technology, a large parlor for visiting with other students that also hosts Honors events and activities, a computer lab (with free printing), and offices for Honors College staff, including an on-site Honors advisor. North Spencer Residence Hall is centrally located on campus, next to the Jackson Library and the dining hall.
Gray Hall opened in Fall 2013 and joined North Spencer hall as dedicated living space for Lloyd International Honors College students. Honors students living in Gray Hall will have a full-time, on-site adviser to counsel them on their academic plans. This newly renovated residence hall offers suite-style living with a maximum of four persons sharing a bathroom. Honors students with sophomore-through-senior standing are encouraged to live in either North Spencer or Gray Hall, depending on their needs and interests.
Applying for Honors Housing
For current Honors students interested in living in the Honors Residence Halls (North Spencer/Gray) during the 2014-15 academic year, please note the following:
- You will need to fill out a UNCG housing application, including making the $200 prepayment. The application for current students will be open online mid-January to early February.
- You will also need to fill out a short online interest form specifically for the Honors College. You can find that here. Complete this form as soon as possible to receive priority for space in Honors Housing.
- 3. We will make assignments based on a number of factors. Students who currently live in North Spencer, who sign up early on the Honors interest form, and those who are returning from study abroad will be given priority. (Students currently in the Hall will need to have taken at least one Honors course in the 2013-14 academic year and remained in good standing.)
For incoming Honors students who have been admitted for Fall 2014 and who are interested in living in the Honors Residence Hall (North Spencer):
- You will need to fill out a UNCG housing application, including making the $200 prepayment. The application for new students will be open online from mid-February to early May.
- When you fill out the UNCG housing application, make sure to list your first residence choice as North Spencer Residence Hall.
- We will make assignments based on availability, and students who apply for housing earlier rather than later will be given priority.
For more information about housing at UNCG, see the Housing and Residence Life web site.